Day 20

We had a highly successful. The students participated in 3 mini-lessons today in between our rotations.

We started the morning, with out calendar work and the introduced the new Word Wall Words for this week. We did a number of activities as a large group.

We worked in capitalization and punctuation by making sentences.


Then we practiced alphabetical order.


We had 2 long rotations and completed Charlotte's Web after lunch.

Afternoon recess was over and the students learned about number lines. We used Freddy the Frog to hop along the line and came up with 11 ways of making the number 10.


We finished the day by revisiting Reading the Pictures and Retelling the Story.

Megan and Dakota help using Hansel and Gretel and The Ugly Duckling.








Pinning Alert!

I love Pinterest! I am always looking for Pins that I can use for the classroom, for redecorating, and of course fun things from and for my beloved Red Sox :-) 

Over the weekend, I found this on Pinterest and thought that I would share. You could easily do this for your child in the car--Spelling words, Word Wall Words, or even addition Mathematic tables. 

Give it a try!