Cleared Mind Equals New Thought Process

In a previous post, I wrote that I felt the need to shake it up a bit this year and try something new  within the classroom that was dynamic. I think that I may be on to something here with this layout.

Last week, I was able to sort, toss, and re-purpose some books, supplies, and furniture as well as move three large pieces of furniture to new locations. This process not only cleared items on my to-do list, but also freed my mind to think in a new direction. The layout, shown on the left, is the result of my newly cleared mind.

This layout shows the library area in the center of the classroom with the tables surrounding that area, creating natural centers for learning.

During this week, I will spend time trying out this layout and tweeking it. It should be fun! I will let you know what happens.

Also, this week, I will be adding some additional necessities to the blog (i.e. spelling lists and reading logs for kindergarten and first grade).