Writing Wednesday - The Leftover Egg


All the Easter eggs were used, but as I moved the green, plastic, grass in the basket, I found a rainbow colored egg hiding. As I reached for the egg it cracked and a teeny baby chick hatched from the rainbow egg. I named it Jessica. I took it inside to feed it. Then I took the chick to the pet store to get Jessica a cage. When we got home Jessica ran straight to her egg. I thought that Jessica liked the egg better than the cage. So she would be cozy at night, I put a little pink blanket in the rainbow egg. Then she snuggled up and fell asleep.

by Jessica



All the Easter eggs were used, but as I moved the green, plastic, grass in the basket, I found a rainbow colored egg hiding. As I reached for the egg, I saw that it was wrapped in pretty foil. I loved the lovely colors of the wrapping - red, green, yellow, blue, orange, and purple. My favorite flavors for candy eggs is chocolate and vanilla. When I unwrapped the egg I saw a chocolate one and I was very happy. I loved the chocolate egg.

by Justin



All the Easter eggs were used, but as I moved the green, plastic, grass in the basket, I found a rainbow colored egg hiding. I reached for the egg. I gently gabbed it and saw that it was a very pretty egg in a rainbow sort of way. Taking it home, I put it on my bed. The egg hatched and a yellow, baby chick came out. I asked if I could keep it. I put it in a pink blanket. My mom liked it very much, so I kept it and loved it very much.


by Destiny