Week 2 Poetry


A Seed Needs

I see you are a seed,

Tell me what do you need,
I need some soil to grow,
And then the sun to glow,
Water to make me wet,
Air for my leaves to get,
Space for my roots to spread,
Now I'm a plant.


Planting

I took a little seed one day
About a month ago.
I put it in a pot of dirt,
In hopes that it would grow.

I poured a little water

To make the soil right.
I set the pot upon the sill,
Where the sun would give it light.

I checked the pot most every day,

And turned it once or twice.
With a little care and water
I helped it grow so nice.



Stretch, Stretch, Stretch Your Arms
Sing to: Row, Row, Row Your Boat

Stretch, stretch, stretch your arms
High above your head,
Stretch so high,
You reach the sky,
Stretch, stretch once again.



A Silly Slippery Snake
Sing to: If You're Happy and You Know It

Oh, I wish I was a silly, slippery snake.
Oh, I wish I was a silly, slippery snake.
Oh I'd slither across the floor and I'd slip under the door
Oh, I wish I was a silly, slippery snake.